Re: Real-time kernel compile-fix for 32-bit when disabling CONFIG_PREEMPT_RT

2009/4/1 Geoffrey Chien <geoffchien@xxxxxxxxx>:
> Sorry, I accidentally hit the "send" button, I haven't typed my question
> yet,
> Yes, it worked now, but I have to enable "multi-core schedular support", and
> in the "preemption mode(complete preemption real time), I also have to do
> -->[X]Complete Preemption (Real Time)
>
> After doing the two things above, it worked,
> well, I'm wondering, if I disable "Complete Preemption(Real Time), Is it
> gonna make any differences?

Could you please reply to all so the people on the linux-rt-users list
can see your questions. Someone may know an answer to your questions
better than I do. Also, you're supposed to post under the other text
not above it. (I just snipped it out)
There really is no point to the rt patch if you disable complete
preemption, however, I suppose you should be able to so because
someday the rt-developers would like this integrated into the
mainstream linux kernel. So, I would suggest to you, that if you can
find a config that doesn't compile for you, please send it to the
list, and someone will generate a patch to make sure that either that
combination compiles, or is impossible to select.

Thanks