Porting intLock()

Hi
I'm porting an application from another realtime-os to Linux. This
application makes use of intLock() from time to time. I still need the the
application to be compilable on both Linux and my old os, so I  need a
portabel intLock()
I have tried the following approach:
When a thread needs to do intLock, I boost the thread-pri to max, and when
the thread does intUnLock() I set the thread-pri back. This woorks quite ok,
but by using this approach, I will also lock other threads in other
applications running on Linux.
What I really need is a way of blocking all other threads in my application,
without affecting other applications.
I know I can use mutex'es and semaphores, but that will require a major
rewriting of the application, and that is somthing I dont want to do.
Can someone come up with an idea how this is done best?
Morten

-