Re: [Celinux-dev] Rt-preempt testing best practices

Nicholas Mc Guire wrote:
> The tests noted in the LKML post on this page are very problematic...
Thanks, Nicholas, this is very helpful information.  I remember
you mentioning some of this at ELC, and this is exactly the
type of information I want to record.

> Note that this page is dedicated to RT-preempt and will most likely not
> cover the other variants of RT Linux availabe - so it might well be a
> good idea to maintain an independant page but cross-link them ?

It claims to cover more than just Rt-preempt, but I was hoping
for feedback from someone running the site.  I'd prefer that my
"Best Practices" doc not be limited to just RT-preempt testing,
so if the rt.wiki.kernel.org site is really just RT-preempt
maybe it would make sense to put it on the embedded linux wiki
instead.

Anyone else care to comment?  It's just wiki stuff in any event, so
it may not matter that much where it lives, as long as people
can get to it easily.

> There are a number of publications related to both benchmarking and
> analysis of hardware related artefacts (cache,BTB,TLB,etc.) which were
> published at the real-time Linux Workshops - should I collect them
> together and send you those as tar.bz2 or just the links ?

A list of links would be great!  Thanks,
 -- Tim