Re: [BUG] rk3399 fails to reboot correctly with PCIE device inserted

On Mon, Nov 25, 2019 at 12:10 PM Peter Geis <pgwipeout@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Mon, Nov 25, 2019 at 11:52 AM Robin Murphy <robin.murphy@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > Hi Peter,
> >
> > On 25/11/2019 4:28 pm, Peter Geis wrote:
> > > Good Morning,
> > >
> > > Another issue I've come across while testing PCIE on the rockpro64.
> > > When a PCIE device is inserted into the board, and it enumerates
> > > successfully, the board will not reset.
> > > I've tried various states of u-boot-rockchip, u-boot-mainline, with
> > > both miniloader and TPL/SPL.
> >
> > In case it's relevant, what particular PCIe device(s) have you seen the
> > issue with? FWIW I've been running a Samsung 960 Evo NVMe in my
> > NanoPC-T4 with mainline kernels for months now and it's always rebooted
> > flawlessly.
> >
> > Robin.
>
> Currently with a I350 NIC, but also observed with a pcie switch, and the GTX645.
> The NIC works, while the other two didn't without the patch to hijack
> the error handler.
>
> I am running the latest atf built from their github.

On closer examination, it isn't the pcie devices causing the reboot
issues, the rk3399 just doesn't reboot.
It would seem the trigger with miniloader was random enough that it
appeared to be tied to my pcie testing.
It happens 100% of the time with tpl/spl.