Re: [BUG] rk3399 fails to reboot correctly with PCIE device inserted

Hi Peter,

On 25/11/2019 4:28 pm, Peter Geis wrote:
Good Morning,

Another issue I've come across while testing PCIE on the rockpro64.
When a PCIE device is inserted into the board, and it enumerates
successfully, the board will not reset.
I've tried various states of u-boot-rockchip, u-boot-mainline, with
both miniloader and TPL/SPL.

In case it's relevant, what particular PCIe device(s) have you seen the issue with? FWIW I've been running a Samsung 960 Evo NVMe in my NanoPC-T4 with mainline kernels for months now and it's always rebooted flawlessly.

Robin.

With miniloader and both variants of u-boot, if you attempt a reboot
it never fires the "reboot: Restarting system" message.
If you trigger a sysrq reboot at this stage, it will reboot, but fails
to start up the two a72 cores and subsequently hangs a second later
when it loads the first dma driver.

With TPL/SPL on mainline-u-boot (I can't get rockchip-u-boot to work
with TPL/SPL), it fires the "reboot: Restarting system" message, but
never reboots.
sysrq does not function at this point.

I believe the pcie controller is not being halted, and gets stuck in a
loop with the two a72 cores.