Re: aarch64 Kernel Panic Asynchronous SError Interrupt on large file IO

On Fri, 16 Aug 2019 at 14:01, Robin Murphy <robin.murphy@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> This does start to smell like some issue with that particular area of
> physical memory - either because it's been marked as Secure-only by
> firmware and the controller configured to abort Non-Secure accesses, or
> possibly because of an actual DRAM failure. The next thing I'd do is
> have a play around with the "memtest=..." kernel parameter to see if
> that can consistently find a problem, and see if the firmware change
> that Heiko pointed out makes any difference.
>
> Robin.

Thank you very much for this insight.

I compiled u-boot with the patch that Heiko Stübner linked to and
rewrote the images to the target locations but this didn't resolve the
problem.
I'll try some memtests but the stock Archlinux ARM kernel does not
have it enabled so I'll need to compile it in myself then I guess.

Regards,
Philipp Richter