Re: RZ/G2M Power Domain Errors with GPU

Hi Adam,

On Fri, May 26, 2023 at 9:59 PM Adam Ford <aford173@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Fri, May 26, 2023 at 2:13 AM Geert Uytterhoeven <geert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > > With a pointer from Marek V, I appear to have the necessary clock and
> > > the power domain operational by borrowing from the down-stream RZ/G2
> > > kernel.  Even if I cannot get the PVR driver working with this kernel,
> > > would you accept the clock and power domain patch now, or do you want
> > > me to wait until we have a user of these (aka PVR) working?
> >
> > I don't think it makes much sense to add the clock and power domain
> > patches upstream now, as they impact system behavior, while we don't
> > know if they are sufficient to make the PVR work.
> > The clock patches are probably (more or less) OK, and they do not have
> > much impact when the PVR is not enabled or not used.
> > For the power domain patches, it's different: some of them are quite
> > intrusive, and we still don't know the full rationale behind them.
> > Out of curiosity, which power domain patch(es) did you have to apply?
>
> I didn't really have to change the power domains per se, but I had to
> add the clocks that the GPU power domains needed and I refereneced the
> power-domain from the GPU node.

OK.

> Do you want me to send the patch as an RFC?

I guess you mean patch series[1], submitted by Marek?
That one is marked "Chances Requested" in patchwork[2].  Moving it
forward means fixing the issues pointed out.

Thanks!

[1] https://lore.kernel.org/all/20220314220012.218731-1-marek.vasut@xxxxxxxxx/
[2] https://patchwork.kernel.org/project/linux-renesas-soc/list/?series=623329&state=*

Gr{oetje,eeting}s,

                        Geert

                                -- Linus Torvalds

[Index of Archives]     [Linux Samsung SOC]     [Linux Wireless]     [Linux Kernel]     [ATH6KL]     [Linux Bluetooth]     [Linux Netdev]     [Kernel Newbies]     [IDE]     [Security]     [Git]     [Netfilter]     [Bugtraq]     [Yosemite News]     [MIPS Linux]     [ARM Linux]     [Linux Security]     [Linux RAID]     [Linux ATA RAID]     [Samba]     [Device Mapper]