Re: RZ/G2M Power Domain Errors with GPU

Hi Adam,

On Fri, May 26, 2023 at 6:07 AM Adam Ford <aford173@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Mon, May 22, 2023 at 3:06 AM Geert Uytterhoeven <geert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > On Sat, May 20, 2023 at 5:13 AM Adam Ford <aford173@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > > I am trying to see if the Open Source PowerVR driver [1]  for the 6250
> > > can be made to work on the RZ/G2M, and I am having difficulty getting
> > > the power domain to turn on.
> > >
> > > In the GPU node, I set:
> > > power-domains = <&sysc R8A774A1_PD_3DG_B>;
> >
> > LGTM...
> >
> > > Unfortunately,  when it boots, I get the following error message:
> > >
> > > [    8.313305] powervr fd000000.gpu: error -ENOENT: failed to add to
> > > PM domain 3dg-b
> >
> > That means genpd_add_device() failed (but why?)...
>
> With a pointer from Marek V, I appear to have the necessary clock and
> the power domain operational by borrowing from the down-stream RZ/G2
> kernel.  Even if I cannot get the PVR driver working with this kernel,
> would you accept the clock and power domain patch now, or do you want
> me to wait until we have a user of these (aka PVR) working?

I don't think it makes much sense to add the clock and power domain
patches upstream now, as they impact system behavior, while we don't
know if they are sufficient to make the PVR work.
The clock patches are probably (more or less) OK, and they do not have
much impact when the PVR is not enabled or not used.
For the power domain patches, it's different: some of them are quite
intrusive, and we still don't know the full rationale behind them.
Out of curiosity, which power domain patch(es) did you have to apply?

Thanks!

Gr{oetje,eeting}s,

                        Geert

                                -- Linus Torvalds

[Index of Archives]     [Linux Samsung SOC]     [Linux Wireless]     [Linux Kernel]     [ATH6KL]     [Linux Bluetooth]     [Linux Netdev]     [Kernel Newbies]     [IDE]     [Security]     [Git]     [Netfilter]     [Bugtraq]     [Yosemite News]     [MIPS Linux]     [ARM Linux]     [Linux Security]     [Linux RAID]     [Linux ATA RAID]     [Samba]     [Device Mapper]