Re: fw_devlink.strict=1 breaks sound card probe ?

Hi Morimoto-san,

On Thu, Aug 25, 2022 at 3:11 AM Kuninori Morimoto
<kuninori.morimoto.gx@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> (snip)
> > > Saravana is more familiar with devlink than I am, so he may be able to
> > > diagnose that without further information, but otherwise it would be
> > > helpful if you could provide some logs. Enabling the debug messages in
> > > drivers/base/dd.c can provide some insight. The contents of the debugfs
> > > devices_deferred file can also be useful, as well as the
> > > consumer/supplier links in sysfs for all the devices involved with the
> > > sound card.
>
> Thanks !
>
> This devices_deferred file (which I didn't know) helped my issue.
> It was my fault. My .config had been missing necessary driver
> (= CONFIG_REGULATOR_FIXED_VOLTAGE).
>
> ... but... why it had been working without it before... ?

I guess the adi,adv7513 and ti,pcm3168a drivers consider regulators
optional, so when they probe, they succeed?

With devlinks enabled, they are never probed, as their dependencies
didn't probe due to the missing regulator driver.

Gr{oetje,eeting}s,

                        Geert

                                -- Linus Torvalds

[Index of Archives]     [Linux Samsung SOC]     [Linux Wireless]     [Linux Kernel]     [ATH6KL]     [Linux Bluetooth]     [Linux Netdev]     [Kernel Newbies]     [IDE]     [Security]     [Git]     [Netfilter]     [Bugtraq]     [Yosemite News]     [MIPS Linux]     [ARM Linux]     [Linux Security]     [Linux RAID]     [Linux ATA RAID]     [Samba]     [Device Mapper]