Re: fw_devlink.strict=1 breaks sound card probe ?

Hi Laurent, Saravana

Thank you for your help !!

> > > To probe "Sound Card", it needs other necessary drivers.
> > > But it seems some necessary drivers are not probed by above patch.
> > > In my quick check, "HDMI" and 1 of "Sound Codec" drivers are not probed.
(snip)
> > Saravana is more familiar with devlink than I am, so he may be able to
> > diagnose that without further information, but otherwise it would be
> > helpful if you could provide some logs. Enabling the debug messages in
> > drivers/base/dd.c can provide some insight. The contents of the debugfs
> > devices_deferred file can also be useful, as well as the
> > consumer/supplier links in sysfs for all the devices involved with the
> > sound card.

Thanks !

This devices_deferred file (which I didn't know) helped my issue.
It was my fault. My .config had been missing necessary driver
(= CONFIG_REGULATOR_FIXED_VOLTAGE).

... but... why it had been working without it before... ?

Thank you for your help !!

Best regards
---
Kuninori Morimoto

[Index of Archives]     [Linux Samsung SOC]     [Linux Wireless]     [Linux Kernel]     [ATH6KL]     [Linux Bluetooth]     [Linux Netdev]     [Kernel Newbies]     [IDE]     [Security]     [Git]     [Netfilter]     [Bugtraq]     [Yosemite News]     [MIPS Linux]     [ARM Linux]     [Linux Security]     [Linux RAID]     [Linux ATA RAID]     [Samba]     [Device Mapper]