RE: Regarding SDHI clocks on RZ/G2L

Hi Chris,

> Subject: RE: Regarding SDHI clocks on RZ/G2L
>
> Hi Biju,

Agreed. That is the usual flow.

> > Note:-
> > Currently I am configuring CD pin as gpio rather than function due to
> > some reset issue[1]. After reset cd detection fails. But it works ok,
> > if it configured as GPIO.
>
> > 1) Handle it in SDHI driver? ie, enable it during probe only once and
> > > avoid turning it off
> > >
> > > or
> > >
> > > 2) Add this clock as critical clock, so it will be turned on
> > > permanently and don't handle it in SDHI driver?
>
> So does that mean your #1 and #2 both do not work unless the pin is
> configured as GPIO?

With upstream kernel it doesn't work, because of the reset handling patch[1]
4.19 it works, where it doesn't have this patch.

[1] https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/commit/drivers/mmc/host/renesas_sdhi_core.c?h=v5.14-rc2&id=b4d86f37eacb724690d0d300576b82806bc743d5

Regards,
Biju

[Index of Archives]     [Linux Samsung SOC]     [Linux Wireless]     [Linux Kernel]     [ATH6KL]     [Linux Bluetooth]     [Linux Netdev]     [Kernel Newbies]     [IDE]     [Security]     [Git]     [Netfilter]     [Bugtraq]     [Yosemite News]     [MIPS Linux]     [ARM Linux]     [Linux Security]     [Linux RAID]     [Linux ATA RAID]     [Samba]     [Device Mapper]