RE: Regarding SDHI clocks on RZ/G2L

Hi Biju,

> But on the SDHI driver, we are handing cd clocks for RZ/A devices.
> Unfortunately we are turning of this clock
> during suspend state.

I think it is fine to shut off the cd clock in a suspend state because plug/unplug a SD card is not really something that should wake up a system.

SHDI should not be a 'wake up' event source in a system, so we don't need it running during a suspend state.
Things like interrupt pins and GPIO are wake up triggers.

>From a power perspective, I don't think it will save much power to turn all the clocks off. So your #1 or #2 would be fine.

As for #2, it's not really a 'critical clock' for the system.....it is more of a 'clock we don't care about'.

I would say go with the one that is the easiest and makes the least code changes. If adding these to the SDHI driver make it very ugly, then we should just add them as critical clock and be done with it.

That's my opinion.

Chris

[Index of Archives]     [Linux Samsung SOC]     [Linux Wireless]     [Linux Kernel]     [ATH6KL]     [Linux Bluetooth]     [Linux Netdev]     [Kernel Newbies]     [IDE]     [Security]     [Git]     [Netfilter]     [Bugtraq]     [Yosemite News]     [MIPS Linux]     [ARM Linux]     [Linux Security]     [Linux RAID]     [Linux ATA RAID]     [Samba]     [Device Mapper]