Re: v4l: async: Match parent devices

Hi Niklas, Sakari,

On 04/11/17 10:47, Niklas Söderlund wrote:

>> Hi Sakari,
>>
>> Niklas was asking me about this patch, as it's required for our async work - and
>> it bit him when he realised this patch wasn't in his tree after a rebase.
>
> This is currently not a requirement for the async work I do. I was
> trying out if the rcar-csi2 driver could use the new fwnode helpers to
> parse DT to setup its sub-notifier. I did the tests using the adv748x as
> the upstream subdevice, and as you know it registers it subdevices using
> endpoints and not the parent node, hence I ran into trouble with the
> helper functions and I ended up searching for this patch.
>
> I'm not blocked by this, and I currently don't plan to work more on this
> as the rcar-csi2 driver can use its own parsing code as before and it's
> rather small. But of course if somewhere in the future the helper learns
> about endpoints and not just the remote parent node the rcar-csi2 driver
> would be a nice candidate to switch to such a helper.

Aha, Sorry for misrepresenting your position. I thought you were being blocked.

Still it would be good to see the patch land in mainline sometime to help the
ADV748x driver.

--
Kieran

[Index of Archives]     [Linux Samsung SOC]     [Linux Wireless]     [Linux Kernel]     [ATH6KL]     [Linux Bluetooth]     [Linux Netdev]     [Kernel Newbies]     [IDE]     [Security]     [Git]     [Netfilter]     [Bugtraq]     [Yosemite News]     [MIPS Linux]     [ARM Linux]     [Linux Security]     [Linux RAID]     [Linux ATA RAID]     [Samba]     [Device Mapper]