Re: v4l: async: Match parent devices

Hi Kieran and Sakari,

On 2017-11-03 23:23:25 +0000, Kieran Bingham wrote:
> Hi Niklas, Sakari,
>

> Niklas, the Match parent devices patch is in Sakari's fwnode-const branch as far
> as I know, but hasn't been updated since May ...

Thanks, I have not located the patch! I was just surprised I observed
some behavior in async when hacking which seemed like this patch was
present but I could not find it in the tree :-)

> Hi Sakari,
>
> Niklas was asking me about this patch, as it's required for our async work - and
> it bit him when he realised this patch wasn't in his tree after a rebase.

This is currently not a requirement for the async work I do. I was
trying out if the rcar-csi2 driver could use the new fwnode helpers to
parse DT to setup its sub-notifier. I did the tests using the adv748x as
the upstream subdevice, and as you know it registers it subdevices using
endpoints and not the parent node, hence I ran into trouble with the
helper functions and I ended up searching for this patch.

I'm not blocked by this, and I currently don't plan to work more on this
as the rcar-csi2 driver can use its own parsing code as before and it's
rather small. But of course if somewhere in the future the helper learns
about endpoints and not just the remote parent node the rcar-csi2 driver
would be a nice candidate to switch to such a helper.

Thanks to both of you for digging up the commit!

--
Regards,
Niklas Söderlund

[Index of Archives]     [Linux Samsung SOC]     [Linux Wireless]     [Linux Kernel]     [ATH6KL]     [Linux Bluetooth]     [Linux Netdev]     [Kernel Newbies]     [IDE]     [Security]     [Git]     [Netfilter]     [Bugtraq]     [Yosemite News]     [MIPS Linux]     [ARM Linux]     [Linux Security]     [Linux RAID]     [Linux ATA RAID]     [Samba]     [Device Mapper]