RE: How to put an 'if' statement in a dts?

Hi Geert,

Thank you for your reply.

On 9/14/2016, Geert Uytterhoeven write:
> > B) Leave one as 'status = "disabled"', and then the user just has to
> > switch around the 'status' properties before boot (either modify the
> > dts file or change it in u-boot with the fdt command)
>
> I take it you can actually use both SDHI or MMC on RSK, without changing a
> jumper?

Correct. Just change the pin mux. So that will be part of the mmc/sdhi node definition in the dts file (once I add a pfc driver).

> Probably SDHI is the best performing option?

It's the most popular (SDIO for WiFi).
But, there are some using eMMC, so I'd like to show those people a correct setup as well.

> You could also provide a DT overlay for switching to MMC.
> But upstream DT overlay support is incomplete.
> Cfr. http://elinux.org/R-Car/DT-Overlays

That is interesting. I'll have to read some more about that.

> On Genmai, the regulator setup is more complex (seem to support both 3.3V
> and 5V), so if we add support for that, there's a second example.

>From what I've seen on product boards, with this level of device (RZ/A1), things are not nearly as complicated as GENMAI or RSK. But, you're idea is good (use GENMAI as another example platform).

For the upstream rskrza1.dts, am I allowed to submit something like this?
(CN1 is label of the card socket)

&mmcif {
	vmmc-supply = <&d3_3v>;
	vqmmc-supply = <&d3_3v>;
	bus-width = <8>;
	non-removable;
	status = "disabled"; /* shares CN1 with sdhi1 */
};

&sdhi1 {
	status = "okay"; /* shares CN1 with mmcif */
};

Chris

[Index of Archives]     [Linux Samsung SOC]     [Linux Wireless]     [Linux Kernel]     [ATH6KL]     [Linux Bluetooth]     [Linux Netdev]     [Kernel Newbies]     [IDE]     [Security]     [Git]     [Netfilter]     [Bugtraq]     [Yosemite News]     [MIPS Linux]     [ARM Linux]     [Linux Security]     [Linux RAID]     [Linux ATA RAID]     [Samba]     [Device Mapper]