How to put an 'if' statement in a dts?

On the RZ/A1 RSK board, the one card slot can be used for SDHI or MMC (SDHI1 and MMC share the same pins).

For the r7s72100-rskrza1.dts, I would like to add in support for both SDHI1 and MMC for someone to use as reference. Of course they should only pick one.

So my options are:

A) Make some type of an 'if' statement in the dts that can be selected at boot time

B) Leave one as 'status = "disabled"', and then the user just has to switch around the 'status' properties before boot (either modify the dts file or change it in u-boot with the fdt command)

C) Pick one and forget about the other (because you're not allowed to have inactive nodes in your board dts files)

The MMC also needs a 3.3v "regulator-fixed" node, so it would be nice to put that in the 'if' statement too, but since the dts for the rskrza1 board is mostly for reference, it's not a big deal if that one is just always active.

In the current RZ/A1 BSP, I basically put everything in the board-rskrza1.c file so all users had to do was delete what was not relevant to their design (deleting code is easier than trying to figure out what to add). So, now I'm trying to figure out how to do something similar with DT.

Thank you,
Chris

[Index of Archives]     [Linux Samsung SOC]     [Linux Wireless]     [Linux Kernel]     [ATH6KL]     [Linux Bluetooth]     [Linux Netdev]     [Kernel Newbies]     [IDE]     [Security]     [Git]     [Netfilter]     [Bugtraq]     [Yosemite News]     [MIPS Linux]     [ARM Linux]     [Linux Security]     [Linux RAID]     [Linux ATA RAID]     [Samba]     [Device Mapper]