Re: [Bug]:LAGER: GPIO-KEYS: Warning occurs after unbinding the e6051000.gpio

Hi Geert-san

Thanks for your quick reply!

On 2016/07/01 17:13, Geert Uytterhoeven wrote:
Hi Hiep,

On Fri, Jul 1, 2016 at 9:58 AM, Hiep Cao Minh <cm-hiep@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
As I have reported you the issue that related to your released patch.
Could you please consider this issue and tell me how to resolve this
problem?

This issue still happens on Rcar-H2 and Rcar-M2 (Renesas's SOC) at the
Linux
upstream version v4.7-rc2.
I think the patches that Torvalds merged for v4.7-rc3
http://lwn.net/Articles/690987/ especially these two:

Ricardo Ribalda Delgado (2):
        gpiolib: Fix NULL pointer deference
        gpiolib: Fix unaligned used of reference counters

Solves the issue.

Can you verify?

I have just verified this on v4.7-rc5, this issue still happens.
But we find out that the issue had already happened before your following
patch was released.
"ff2b1359 gpio: make the gpiochip a real device" (the patch that you have
created before)
I mean, your patch helped us to find out the issue.

To Geert-san.

I'd like to divide Unbind-Rebind test  into two cases of Normal Test and
Abnormal Test.

First, If we try to unbind/rebind the gpio device(ex: key, hdmi..) then
unbind/rebind the gpio-rcar,
It works normally without error message. This test case is normal test.
Refer to (GPIO_Unbind-Rebind_Abnormal-Test_log.txt)

But on the other hand, If we try to unbind/rebind the gpio-rcar without
unbinding/rebinding gpio device,
The warning message looks like from kernel will happens. This test case is
abnormal test.
(Refer to GPIO_Unbind-Rebind_Normal-Test_logs.txt)

In abnormal Test case, an error message occurs definitely from the driver or
the core class of the driver.
But I think we should consider the error or warning message looks like a
kernel warning message.
Quoting Linus Walleij:
It is not OK to unbind a driver providing IRQs.
The irqchip subsystem has no protection against removing devices
providing interrupt controllers. Trying to do so anyway while an interrupt
is in use will go boom.
I understood!, Thanks for your explain!
I'll remove these test case out of the Program Check List.

Thank you!
Jinso/Hiep.

[Index of Archives]     [Linux Samsung SOC]     [Linux Wireless]     [Linux Kernel]     [ATH6KL]     [Linux Bluetooth]     [Linux Netdev]     [Kernel Newbies]     [IDE]     [Security]     [Git]     [Netfilter]     [Bugtraq]     [Yosemite News]     [MIPS Linux]     [ARM Linux]     [Linux Security]     [Linux RAID]     [Linux ATA RAID]     [Samba]     [Device Mapper]