Re: [Bug]:LAGER: GPIO-KEYS: Warning occurs after unbinding the e6051000.gpio

Hi Hiep,

On Fri, Jul 1, 2016 at 9:58 AM, Hiep Cao Minh <cm-hiep@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>> As I have reported you the issue that related to your released patch.
>>> Could you please consider this issue and tell me how to resolve this
>>> problem?
>>>
>>> This issue still happens on Rcar-H2 and Rcar-M2 (Renesas's SOC) at the
>>> Linux
>>> upstream version v4.7-rc2.
>>
>> I think the patches that Torvalds merged for v4.7-rc3
>> http://lwn.net/Articles/690987/ especially these two:
>>
>> Ricardo Ribalda Delgado (2):
>>        gpiolib: Fix NULL pointer deference
>>        gpiolib: Fix unaligned used of reference counters
>>
>> Solves the issue.
>>
>> Can you verify?
>

> I have just verified this on v4.7-rc5, this issue still happens.
> But we find out that the issue had already happened before your following
> patch was released.
> "ff2b1359 gpio: make the gpiochip a real device" (the patch that you have
> created before)
> I mean, your patch helped us to find out the issue.
>
> To Geert-san.
>
> I'd like to divide Unbind-Rebind test  into two cases of Normal Test and
> Abnormal Test.
>
> First, If we try to unbind/rebind the gpio device(ex: key, hdmi..) then
> unbind/rebind the gpio-rcar,
> It works normally without error message. This test case is normal test.
> Refer to (GPIO_Unbind-Rebind_Abnormal-Test_log.txt)
>
> But on the other hand, If we try to unbind/rebind the gpio-rcar without
> unbinding/rebinding gpio device,
> The warning message looks like from kernel will happens. This test case is
> abnormal test.
> (Refer to GPIO_Unbind-Rebind_Normal-Test_logs.txt)
>
> In abnormal Test case, an error message occurs definitely from the driver or
> the core class of the driver.
> But I think we should consider the error or warning message looks like a
> kernel warning message.

Quoting Linus Walleij:
> It is not OK to unbind a driver providing IRQs.

The irqchip subsystem has no protection against removing devices
providing interrupt controllers. Trying to do so anyway while an interrupt
is in use will go boom.

Gr{oetje,eeting}s,

                        Geert

                                -- Linus Torvalds

[Index of Archives]     [Linux Samsung SOC]     [Linux Wireless]     [Linux Kernel]     [ATH6KL]     [Linux Bluetooth]     [Linux Netdev]     [Kernel Newbies]     [IDE]     [Security]     [Git]     [Netfilter]     [Bugtraq]     [Yosemite News]     [MIPS Linux]     [ARM Linux]     [Linux Security]     [Linux RAID]     [Linux ATA RAID]     [Samba]     [Device Mapper]