Il 19/09/23 07:03, Chen-Yu Tsai ha scritto:
In the just landed multi-core SCP work, detection of single/multi core
SCP is done by checking the immediate child node of the SCP complex
device node. In the original work this was done by matching the child
node's name. However the name wasn't previously standardized. This
resulted in breakage on MT8183 and MT8192 Chromebooks while the driver
side changes were picked up and the device tree changes were not picked
Instead, match against the "mediatek,rpmsg-name" property, which is
required to be present in the rpmsg sub-node. This makes the
aforementioned devices running old device trees working again.
Reported-by: Laura Nao <laura.nao@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Fixes: 1fdbf0cdde98 ("remoteproc: mediatek: Probe SCP cluster on multi-core SCP")
Signed-off-by: Chen-Yu Tsai <wenst@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
The patch is based on next-20230918 with a whole bunch of local patches
stacked on top. None of my local patches are related to remoteproc, so
it should be fine.
I tested on both MT8183 Juniper and MT8192 Hayato and on both systems
the SCP successfully probed again.
Instead of checking "mediatek,rpmsg-name", I think that a better way of checking if
this is single or multi core is to count the number of cores...
I've sent my own version of this, please check .