Re: Troubleshooting steps for remoteproc modules

Hi all,

I have general Linux and programming experience and so haven't delved
into the module code.
I'm running code/firmware on the PRU cores of the BeagleBone AI
(similar to the BeagleBone Black).

Yes, the pru_rproc kernel module is Texas Instruments specific, but it
should be based on the general remoteproc framework, and have a
standardised way of troubleshooting it to give me visibility of what
it is doing.

I've only found the following page for documentation:
https://www.kernel.org/doc/html/latest/staging/remoteproc.html

I can't see how to troubleshoot the module, such as command line
options, or through the sysfs if that's possible.

I know how to load firmware into the PRU cores using basic commands to
write words to files in sysfs, but a larger more complicated firmware
file crashes the module with a stack trace, or if it doesn't crash,
the firmware doesn't run on the PRU.

Where are the debug options and methods documented?

Thanks,
Fisher