Re: [net-next v4 10/12] ASoC: SOF: Introduce descriptors for SOF client

Maybe if you can present some diagram or something, because I really
can't understand why asoc is trying to do with virtual bus here.

instead of having a 1:1 mapping between PCI device and a monolithic card, we want to split the sound card in multiple orthogonal parts such as:

PCI device
  - local devices (mic/speakers)
  - hdmi devices
  - presence detection/sensing
  - probe/tuning interfaces
  - debug/tests

Initially we wanted to use platform devices but Greg suggested this API is abused. We don't have a platform/firmware based enumeration, nor a physical bus for each of these subparts, so the virtual bus was suggested.

Does this help?