RE: Is it possible to transfer a large file between two computers using RDMA UD?

> > > Is it possible to transfer a large file, say 25GB, between two computers using
> > > RDMA UD, and have an exact copy of the original file on the receiving side? My
> > > understanding is that the order of the messages is not guaranteed with UD.
> > > But I thought that if I only use one QP I could ensure that the ordering of the
> > > data will be predictable.
> >
> > It is not guaranteed to be in order.
> >
> > Why would you do this anyhow? The overhead to use RC is pretty small
> >
> So even if I am using only 1 QP, it is still not guaranteed to be in
> order. Ok. Thanks.

The spec doesn't guarantee ordering, though I doubt messages would ever be unordered in practice.  You could transfer a sequence number as immediate data to allow the receiver to verify (and correct) packet ordering, and detect lost packets.

- Sean