Re: [net-next v2 1/1] virtual-bus: Implementation of Virtual Bus

On 2019/11/20 上午11:59, Jason Wang wrote:
Well, VFIO have multiple types of API. The design is to stick the VFIO
DMA model like container work for making DMA API work for userspace
driver. We can invent something our own but it must duplicate with the
exist API and it will be extra overhead when VFIO DMA API starts to
support stuffs like nesting or PASID.

So in conclusion for vhost-mdev:

- DMA is still done through VFIO manner e.g container fd etc.
- device API is totally virtio specific.

Compared with vfio-pci device, the only difference is the device API,
we don't use device fd but vhost-net fd,

Correction here, device fd is used here instead of vhost-net fd.

Thanks

  but of course we can switch
to use device fd. I'm sure we can settle this part down by having a
way that is acceptable by both sides.