Unclear comment or a potential bug

Dear All,

I'm reading through SoftRoCE implementation and I stumbled across implementation of rxe_requester in file drivers/infiniband/sw/rxe/rxe_resp.c function. This function implements a state machine to represent states of the packet.

The function duplicate_request inside rxe_resp.c may decide to retransmit the packet (line 1133) by calling rxe_xmit_packet. Then the else branch falls through to execute the line 1142. There is a following comment before this line:

  Resource not found. Class D error. Drop the request.

If the code is correct, executing line 1142 after 1133 can be a result of an error. Furthermore, the result of executing line 1142 is that further the packet memory will be freed in cleanup function. Although a reference to this memory may still exist, because the packet may still stay in transmission.

Unfortunately, I do not have enough expertise to give a confident judgment, but I'm sure that there is one of two cases: either the comment is incorrect, or the line should not be hit after re-transmission.

--
Regards,
Maksym Planeta