Re: pvrdma_cmd_resp_hdr.err

On 12/16/18 10:50 PM, Yuval Shaia wrote:
> Hi Adit,
> I have noticed that this field is checked only in modify_qp command.
>
> For all other command we have:
> ret = pvrdma_cmd_post()
> if (ret < 0)
> 	error;
> else
> 	ok;
>
> While for modify_qp the flow is a bit different:
> ret = pvrdma_cmd_post()
> if (ret < 0)
> 	error;
> else
> 	else if (rsp.hdr.err > 0)
> 		error;
> 	else
> 		ok
>
> Any reason behind this?

Sorry for the late reply. I got side-tracked by other stuff after the holiday break
and this was just pushed to the back of the queue :(.

Anyway, the reason we have this field is that we can report QP modify errors when
connecting virtual QPs. There is an async process that happens in the hypervisor
for this command and we expose a specific error to the guest.

Other commands are pretty synchronous in completion so there isnt a need to set
the error for them and reporting success/failure is sufficient.

Hope that clarifies things.