Re: [RDMA for-next V3 0/6] Add MAD stack trace points

On Thu, Dec 27, 2018 at 05:45:15PM +0000, Weiny, Ira wrote:

> > > In addition I wrote a sample eBPF which shows how one can further
> > > filter at the tracepoints to distill the information being traced.
> >
> > I would like to hear definitive answer from RDMA maintainers - yes/no.
> > Will those tracepoints be declared as user space ABI?
> >

> To be clear I am not proposing any ABI here.  And, I _think_, that is pretty well documented in the eBPF tracepoint documentation.  The patch I'm submitting is a _sample_ of how one can (with a particular version of the kernel) alter the data reported from, or change the logic around, the tracepoints.

Ira,

I'm totally with you and would like to see more tracepoints used in our
subsystem, but latest shit storm related to changes hfi1 debugfs showed
that promises, documentation and agreement to change debugfs in any given
time are not worth a dime, once anyone from the crowd throws an "ABI" word.

Thanks