Re: cx4 sriov problem in stable 4.14.47

Hey folks,

Seems that CX4 (Ethernet) sriov ports probe with link down in the latest
stable 4.14 kernel. I upgrated firmware but with no luck :(

Has anyone seen this issue as well?

Kernel: stable 4.14.47
Firmware: 12.22.1002
psid: MT_2140110033

sysfs port state is DOWN and

do you mean ip link on the pf shows link state down for the vf?

the PF is fine, the VF is down.

phys port state is Disabled.

where do you see it is disabled and what happens if you take the PF
netdev link up?

Nothing happens if I take it up, the carrier is off. I see the port
phys state via infiniband sysfs (which exposes it from the hca vport
context).

We had a bug fix there recently [1] -- but it was for the switchdev
mode not the legacy mode,

It was backported to 4,14 stable...

are you using the switchdev mode? (if not, I recommend going there, the legacy
mode is not going to last long)

No, I wasn't sure if it was mature enough in 4.14. And stable backports
don't always propagate immediately...

I'll try switchdev mode.

Also, FWIW the whole ethernet sriov upstreaming is done in netdev, not rdma
I know, it should have went to netdev... Next time (which I hope won't come too soon ;))