Re: cx4 sriov problem in stable 4.14.47

On Wed, Jun 20, 2018 at 1:40 PM, Sagi Grimberg <sagi@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hey folks,
>
> Seems that CX4 (Ethernet) sriov ports probe with link down in the latest
> stable 4.14 kernel. I upgrated firmware but with no luck :(
>
> Has anyone seen this issue as well?
>
> Kernel: stable 4.14.47
> Firmware: 12.22.1002
> psid: MT_2140110033
>
> sysfs port state is DOWN and

do you mean ip link on the pf shows link state down for the vf?

> phys port state is Disabled.

where do you see it is disabled and what happens if you take the PF
netdev link up?

We had a bug fix there recently [1] -- but it was for the switchdev
mode not the legacy mode, are you
using the switchdev mode? (if not, I recommend going there, the legacy
mode is not going to last long)

Also, FWIW the whole ethernet sriov upstreaming is done in netdev, not rdma

Or.

[1] 84c9c8f net/mlx5e: Don't override vport admin link state in switchdev mode