Re: ipoib hw multicast addresses

On Mon, Jun 11, 2018 at 12:22:22PM -0400, Dennis Dalessandro wrote:
> On 6/8/2018 6:50 PM, Jason Gunthorpe wrote:
> >So, if the interface starts with a given pkey I would think it should
> >stay with that pkey or enter a link downed state until the pkey
> >becomes available.
>
> Sort of a tangent, but what about in SELinux world? If PKey changes should
> the link go down?

This sort of thing is exactly why the pkey shouldn't change once it is
committed into a netdev.

The only possibly exception might be loading the default pkey from the
SM for the default interface during system boot time..

But even that should be a one time event, you can't just migrate
existing operational interfaces to different pkeys via SM MADs, that
must be prevented.

> Do we just ignore IPoIB and let SELinux on the netdev side
> handle things?

AFAIK, yes. SELinux Pkey is only about verbs and mad, not netdev..

> I would think the underlying QPs are going to get dealt with the same as any
> other QP in the system and get checked by the verbs layer and sent to error
> state if access is now denied. So maybe there isn't anything special we need
> to do after all?

IIRc, the kernel is the context creating the QPs so it bypasses
SELinux. It is a bit confusing, and maybe a bit wrong.

Perhaps we should check selinux permissions of the process that creates
the ipoib child.

Jason