*commit e818a5b487fea20494b0e48548c1085634abdc0d
Author: Sagi Grimberg <sagi@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date:   Mon Jun 5 20:35:56 2017 +0300

     nvme-rdma: fast fail incoming requests while we reconnect

     When we encounter an transport/controller errors, error recovery
     kicks in which performs:
     1. stops io/admin queues
     2. moves transport queues out of LIVE state
     3. fast fail pending io
     4. schedule periodic reconnects.

     But we also need to fast fail incoming IO taht enters after we
     already scheduled. Given that our queue is not LIVE anymore, simply
     restart the request queues to fail in .queue_rq

I/O errors:
[Tue Apr  3 19:14:55 2018] print_req_error: I/O error, dev nvme2n1, sector 1108136
[Tue Apr  3 19:14:55 2018] Aborting journal on device nvme2n1-8.
[Tue Apr  3 19:14:55 2018] print_req_error: I/O error, dev nvme2n1, sector 1052688
[Tue Apr  3 19:14:55 2018] Buffer I/O error on dev nvme2n1, logical block 131586, lost sync page write
[Tue Apr  3 19:14:55 2018] JBD2: Error -5 detected when updating journal superblock for nvme2n1-8.

and IO fails to resume as the devices are remounted as read-only...

This looks like a journal write failed which was failed when link
failure occurred.

Can you verify if mount --remount makes this go away?

If this is the case, then yes, its expected. The driver will fail
inflight IO at some point, today it does this immediately, we could add
another timer to fail inflight IO which would allow to reconnect
before, but it would require some work.