Re: vmw_pvrdma: Add SRQ support - broke rdma-core

On Thu, Nov 16, 2017 at 07:21:19AM +0200, Leon Romanovsky wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 15, 2017 at 02:10:54PM -0800, Bryan Tan wrote:

> > > You should swap the order of the two patches and move the change of
> > > buildlib/fixup-include/rdma-vmw_pvrdma-abi.h to the other patch.
> > >
> > > Then the description of the abi.h patch would just be:
> > >
> > > 'Update rdma-core to the latest kernel pvrdma-abi.h header'
> > >
> > > Then everything is more self contained.
> > >
> > > You can do this and force push a update to your PR.
> >
> > Got it, I've done a force push with the new commits. There were two
> > other items that were in the kernel ABI header and not in the
> > fixup-include header, so I've also fixed that.
> >
> > Unfortunately, I also missed adding the macro I am testing for in
> > RDMA_LinuxHeaders.cmake in the kernel ABI header ): so I sent out a
> > patch to fix that. This should not be a problem, as the test for
> > PVRDMA_UAR_SRQ_OFFSET will make sure we use the header from
> > fixup-include for now, until the kernel patch is accepted.
>
> No, it is a problem.
> You sent two patches, while the PR passes the compilation on my machine,
> the first patch alone doesn't.
>
> Every patch should be standalone.
>
> Please fix.

I've updated the PR after taking in Jason's suggestion of swapping the
order of the patches that I missed, and ran travis builds on both
commits. The travis build on the PR is failing, but it looks like the
top of tree travis build is failing as well.