Re: 4.13 ib_mthca NULL pointer dereference with OpenSM

On 10/31/2017 12:49 PM, Chris Blake wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> I have installed the kernel with the mentioned patch, as well as
> CONFIG_SECURITY_INFINIBAND enabled. Sadly I am back to the issue where
> my compute node is reporting:
>
> kernel: infiniband mthca0: ib_post_send_mad error
>
> As soon as I roll back to a kernel with CONFIG_SECURITY_INFINIBAND
> disabled, the issue goes away and things work as expected.
>
> Regards,
> Chris Blake

Sounds like the crash is resolved and now you're getting a denial from a security module.  I looked in the code, it looks like AppArmor doesn't register any callbacks for the ib_* security hooks, and if no hook is registered it should return 0.  Can you tell me more about your setup so I can create a reproducer? What OS are you using? Can you double check that SELinux isn't enabled (see output of sestatus).