Re: 4.13 ib_mthca NULL pointer dereference with OpenSM

On Tue, Oct 31, 2017 at 10:20 AM, Daniel Jurgens <danielj@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 10/31/2017 10:15 AM, Leon Romanovsky wrote:

>>> Someone please send it..
>> Parav/Daniel,
>>
>> Please send it directly to the mailing list.

>>> If Chris has selinux turned on in his distro would you expect this
>>> test to just fail? Doesn't that mean we have missed installing security labels
>>> for things like opensm?
>> Chris has SELinux enabled, see his gist: https://gist.github.com/riptidewave93/b3b83c13e93ab3be4254c855885f5b3a
>
> That doesn't indicate if he has SELinux enabled or not, just that CONFIG_SECURITY_INFINIBAND is enabled.  Also, even if SELinux enabled in the kernel config it must be turned on via /etc/selinux/config, and also set into enforcing mode, if it were to cause this problem.  There's no enough info there to determine any of that.
>
>> Thanks
>>
>>> Jason

Hello All,

I have installed the kernel with the mentioned patch, as well as
CONFIG_SECURITY_INFINIBAND enabled. Sadly I am back to the issue where
my compute node is reporting:

kernel: infiniband mthca0: ib_post_send_mad error

As soon as I roll back to a kernel with CONFIG_SECURITY_INFINIBAND
disabled, the issue goes away and things work as expected.

Regards,
Chris Blake