Re: rdma-core build environment enabling out-of-core providers

On Thu, Aug 03, 2017 at 05:01:16PM +0200, Nicolas Morey-Chaisemartin wrote:

> I haven't looked into the build system but isn't this something the
> devel rpm could provide ?

Conceptually, perhaps, but someone has to figure out how to split out
the necessary cmake bits into something reusable, it is no longer
entirely trivial :)

Also don't forget that the internal API inside the header files
changes, a provider that has been modified for rdma core 15 will not
compile on rdma core 13, just like the kernel..

I just wonder if it is worth the all the proposed work, I expect out
of tree providers to be very rare and temporary things.

> If this is done upstream once and for all, and not by every
> out-of-tree provider, it is not fragile anymore.

Someone would also have to contribute some kind of test infrastructure
to keep it working for upstream.. If it doesn't run in cbuild I don't
test it :P

Jason