Re: Unexpected issues with 2 NVME initiators using the same target

I still get the local protection errors with this patch. I am seeing a
ping timeout on the initiator when I reboot the target.
[Tue Jun 20 16:41:21 2017]  connection7:0: detected conn error (1011)
[Tue Jun 20 16:41:26 2017]  session7: session recovery timed out after 5 secs

Not a big surprise as its not really addressing the issue...

Since I'm gracefully shutting down the targets in this case, shouldn't
the connection be closed gracefully by the target instead of the
initiator having to wait for ping to fail?

Not really, even in orderly shutdown, the device driver (mlx5 in
this case) shutdown sequence is triggered before ib_isert and
fires DEVICE_REMOVAL events to all its upper layer users (ib_isert
being one of them), which forces resource teardown (no disconnect).

We could resgister a shutdown handler in ib_isert, but its not really
its responsibility as a transport driver..

It would be nice if we had targetcli daemon'ised as a service
and register a shutdown notification, orderly remove and save the
existing configuration before the kernel even sees it. But its
a different scope really...

CC'ing target-devel