Re: [for-next 4/6] net/mlx5: FPGA, Add basic support for Innova

On Tue, Jun 6, 2017 at 7:17 PM, Jason Gunthorpe
<jgunthorpe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 06, 2017 at 06:52:15AM +0000, Ilan Tayari wrote:
>
>> So neither the host stack nor the network are aware of them.
>> They exist momentarily only on the internal traces on the board and not
>> anywhere else.
>
> Is that really true? If you are creating rocee QPs' then the RDMA
> stack sees this stuff and now we have buried a RDMA ULP inside an
> ethernet driver which seems really wonky..

It is not an ethernet driver, mlx5_core provides both RDMA and
ethernet interfaces to both mlx5_ib and the mlx5e netdevice.

so it is perfectly capable of creating QPs on its own, after all it is
the one creating QPs for the RDMA stack :).

rdma_create_qp->mlx5_ib_create_qp->mlx5_core_create_qp.