Re: [for-next 4/6] net/mlx5: FPGA, Add basic support for Innova

On Sun, May 28, 2017 at 07:22:27AM +0000, Ilan Tayari wrote:

> This is neither PCI-bar mapped, nor mailbox command.
> The FPGA is indeed a bump-on-the-wire.
> (It has I2C to the CX4 chip, but that is for debug purposes, and too slow
> to perform real programming)

Wait.. So if it truely has nothing to do with the existing mellanox
driver, then nothing more than the fpga loader should be in the mlx5
directory?

> One flavor of the product, the Innova Flex, allows customer logic in the
> FPGA. But even then it is "wrapped" by Mellanox shell logic.
> We plan to have an in-kernel API for writing client drivers for Innova
> Flex.

The FPGA subsystem already has APIs for partial reconfiguration use
cases, you probably should not re-invent that under the mlx5 driver.

Jason