RE: [RFCv2 00/15] RFCv2: Consolidated userspace RDMA library repo

> > > example

> > > The goal would be to move all the tools/cmds/etc into one repo.  How
> > > is that prolification?
> >
> > I guess I should wait and see what could end up in there before
> > commenting...
> >

> I think we should shelf this discussion until we get our current project done...
>
> But... :)
>
> A quick gander at the OFED packages produces this list of possible
> candidates:
>
> dapl  (perhaps dapl should be in rdma-plumbing?) fabtests ibacm ibpd ibsim
> ibutils infiniband-diags infinipath-psm mstflint opensm perftest qlvnictools
> qperf rds-tools

I strongly suggest against adding anything that is not a library and even then I like what Jason has said previously.  "This is a library targeted for kernel APIs."  So, for example, libibmad was not included.  In fact architecturally I think ibmad should go away somehow.  The main user is infiniband-diags but there are some other users of it so I have not been able to deprecate it.

I guess my opinion is I don't want to see this repo become "OFED" in a different form.  There are valid reasons to have separate packages.  It is really the support libraries which have been a pain.

Ira