Re: RFC: CQ pools and implicit CQ resource allocation

One other note that I wanted to raise for the folks interested in this
is that with the RDMA core owning the completion queue pools, different
ULPs can easily share the same completion queue (given that it uses
the same poll context). For example, nvme-rdma host, iser and srp
initiators can end up using the same completion queues (if running
simultaneously on the same machine).

Up until now, I couldn't think of anything that can introduce a problem
with that but maybe someone else will...

It would be useful to provide details on how many CQs get created and of what
size for an uber iSER/NVMF/SRP initiator/host and target.

Are you talking about some debugfs layout?

One concern I have is that cxgb4 CQs require contiguous memory,  So a scheme
like CQ pooling might cause resource problems on large core systems.

Note that the CQ allocation will never exceed the device max_cqe cap.