RE: RFC: CQ pools and implicit CQ resource allocation

> > This series adds support to the RDMA core to implicitly allocate the
required
> > CQEs when creating a QP.  The primary driver for that was to implement a
> > common scheme for CQ pooling, which helps with better resource usage for
> > server / target style drivers that have many outstanding connections.  In
> > fact the first version of this code from Sagi did just that: add a CQ pool
> > API, and convert drivers that were using some form of pooling (iSER
initiator
> > & target, NVMe target) to that API.  But looking at the API I felt that
> > there was still way too much logic in the individual ULPs, and looked into a
> > way to make that boilerplate code go away.  It turns out that we can simply
> > create CQs underneath if we know the poll context that the ULP requires, so
> > this series shows an approach that makes CQs mostly invisible to ULPs.
>
> One other note that I wanted to raise for the folks interested in this
> is that with the RDMA core owning the completion queue pools, different
> ULPs can easily share the same completion queue (given that it uses
> the same poll context). For example, nvme-rdma host, iser and srp
> initiators can end up using the same completion queues (if running
> simultaneously on the same machine).
>
> Up until now, I couldn't think of anything that can introduce a problem
> with that but maybe someone else will...

It would be useful to provide details on how many CQs get created and of what
size for an uber iSER/NVMF/SRP initiator/host and target.

One concern I have is that cxgb4 CQs require contiguous memory,  So a scheme
like CQ pooling might cause resource problems on large core systems.