Re: SRPt oops with 4.5-rc3-ish

On Sat, 2016-02-27 at 20:49 -0800, Bart Van Assche wrote:
> On 02/27/16 20:47, Nicholas A. Bellinger wrote:
> >>
> >> Hi Nic,
> >>
> >> My patch series to make TMR handling synchronous fixes what Doug
> >> reported. If you want I can rebase and repost that patch series.
> >>

> > There aren't even any TMRs being processed, so I don't see how that has
> > anything to do with it.
> >
> >>From the logs, this OOPsen is related to some manner of recent srpt
> > configfs se_node_acl + se_session active I/O shutdown regression.
> >
> > So short of sitting down and reproducing myself on v4.5-rc code,
> > commit 59fae4de's removal of ib_create_cq() + ib_comp_handler callback
> > usage look like a good place to start the investigation.
> >
> > It would be useful to first find out what changes introduced this
> > regression, and how far back Doug is able to reproduce.
>
> As I wrote before, this patch series works 100% stable on top of my most
> recent LIO core patch series, a patch series I have also made available
> on github. So what Doug ran into is a LIO core bug and not an ib_srpt bug.

Active I/O shutdown with srpt has not always triggered this OOPs.

There is a reason why this is happening now, and it needs to be
identified.

Either you can help out doing that, or not.  Either way, I'm certainly
not going to let you hack up LIO TMR code, when there even aren't signs
ABORT_TASK and friends are occuring in Doug's particular shutdown case.