Re: SRPt oops with 4.5-rc3-ish

On 02/27/16 20:47, Nicholas A. Bellinger wrote:
On Sat, 2016-02-27 at 20:18 -0800, Bart Van Assche wrote:
On 02/27/16 19:37, Nicholas A. Bellinger wrote:
This is a fairly recent srpt shutdown regression, right..?

Hi Nic,

My patch series to make TMR handling synchronous fixes what Doug
reported. If you want I can rebase and repost that patch series.

There aren't even any TMRs being processed, so I don't see how that has
anything to do with it.

From the logs, this OOPsen is related to some manner of recent srpt
configfs se_node_acl + se_session active I/O shutdown regression.

So short of sitting down and reproducing myself on v4.5-rc code,
commit 59fae4de's removal of ib_create_cq() + ib_comp_handler callback
usage look like a good place to start the investigation.

It would be useful to first find out what changes introduced this
regression, and how far back Doug is able to reproduce.

As I wrote before, this patch series works 100% stable on top of my most recent LIO core patch series, a patch series I have also made available on github. So what Doug ran into is a LIO core bug and not an ib_srpt bug.

Bart.