Re: 4.4's rdma plate

On 12/08/2015 04:07 PM, Or Gerlitz wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 23, 2015 at 5:52 PM, Doug Ledford <dledford@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> On 10/23/2015 02:46 AM, Or Gerlitz wrote:
>
>>> Doug, there are few singleton patches to mlxN drivers, just to make
>>> sure they are not left behind (thanks)
>
>>> a small mlx5 enhancement, Signed by Eli C. the driver maintainer
>>> https://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/7454641
>
>>> two small mlx4 fixes, acked by me...
>>> https://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/7348911/
>>> https://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/7348871/
>
>> Yes, I know.  There are quite a few different things for mlx5.  I was
>> waiting on all of them until I knew that RoCEv2 was in as that gates
>> whether or not mlx5 RoCE can go in.
>
> Doug,
>
> So RoCEv2 didn't make it for 4.4, but still, the above are changes
> touching driver only code and I don't see why they should be waiting
> so long.

I knew some of the mlx5 changes relied on the RoCEv2 stuff (such as mlx5
RoCE support).  Others are larger in scope.  I tried to sort through the
singletons on patchworks today and saw at least one which I opted not to
take as it wasn't really a fix, it was a performance enhancement.  I'll
look over the ones you linked above to make sure I didn't miss them.

> Can we finally see them in a k.o branch of yours please? either for
> your 4.4-rc pull or on 4.5 branch.

I'm getting ready to put out the initial 4.5 branch.  I was only waiting
on getting the last few 4.4-rc patches in so I can then merge that into
the 4.5 base and go from there.

--
Doug Ledford <dledford@xxxxxxxxxx>
              GPG KeyID: 0E572FDD