Re: libmlx4 and libmlx5 git trees? Who is handling those?

On 09/28/2015 04:40 PM, Woodruff, Robert J wrote:
> Sean wrote,
>> The issue is that basically no one tests the releases of the packages.
>
> We assume that the maintainer of the package tests it before they release it :)

Every package maintainer I know of does.  But there isn't a single
package maintainer that has a 100% test setup that covers all of the
various ways in which their code is used.  Maintainer testing should be
considered good, but *never* sufficient for release testing.  There
needs to be more done.

> The OFED testing then tests all the currently released packages

This is backwards IMO.  Testing after the release results in exactly
what I mentioned in my email.  The right time to test is during the
release process, not after it is already complete.

--
Doug Ledford <dledford@xxxxxxxxxx>
              GPG KeyID: 0E572FDD