Re: mlx4: IB_EVENT_PATH_MIG not generated on path migration

Hello Jason,

thanks for your answer.

On Tue, Feb 10, 2015 at 11:00:39AM -0700, Jason Gunthorpe wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 10, 2015 at 04:56:43PM +0100, Fabian Holler wrote:
>
> > Does anybody have an idea what could be wrong?
> > Are the PATH_MIG* notifications with mlx4 drivers are working for somebody?
>
> IIRC rdmacm does not forward these events.
>
> There is a lot missing to support APM with RDMA CM, it doesn't do any
> of the CM state machine operations to coordinate loading alternate
> paths, for instance.

Alternate paths can be set directly at the QP.

> > As soon as the migration happens I expect that a IB_EVENT_PATH_MIG* is
> > generated on the QP event handler, but I don't receive any QP events.
>
> qp_event_handler is a RDMA CM event handler, it handles
> RDMA_CM_EVENT_* and there is no RDMA_CM_EVENT_PATH_MIGRATED.
> You'd need to listen to the verbs level events directly, I don't
> recall if this is possible with RDMA CM or not, sorry.

The RDMA CM event handler is registered by the rdma_create_id() call.

The event handler specified in the struct ib_qp_init_attr * parameter of
rdma_create_qp() is registered as QP event handler.
rdma_create_qp() calls ib_create_qp() and sets qp->event_handler to
ib_qp_init_attr->event_handler.

Fabian