Re: why flipping responder_resources/initiator_depth?

On Mon, Jun 23, 2014 at 9:34 PM, Jason Gunthorpe
<jgunthorpe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 23, 2014 at 06:00:57PM +0000, Hefty, Sean wrote:

>> The behavior matches the documentation.  And the problem is...?

Sean, which documentation exactly?

[...]
> I haven't looked at how this all plays through with RDMA CM. But
> looking quickly, I don't see an obvious similar min in cma_connect_ib.

Jason,

The rdma-cm doesn't do any flipping, it just provides the relevant IB
CM call with the params as given by the application, see

cma_connect_ib() --> ib_send_cm_req()  and
cma_accept_ib()   --> ib_send_cm_rep()

As I wrote on the initial note, the flipping is done in the IB CM
before it invokes  the upper layer (e.g SRP/IPoIB/RDMA-CM/UCM)
provided callback in cm_format_req_event() and cm_format_rep_event()

> To my mind, the biggest issue is the common code does not seem to make
> it easy for apps to correctly implement the IBA negotiation protocol.

And also the Linux CM assumes the peer CM will apply the same flipping practice

Or.