Re: mlx4 qp allocation

Hi Jack,

Thanks for the reply. Now I understand. On a related note, I had the
following question. Would really appreciate if you can help answer the
same:

Considering the resources QPs, CQs, EQs etc after going through the
code my understanding is that:

1. Physical Function Driver/Hypervisor allocates memory only for the
ICM space for these resources.
2. Virtual Function Driver needs to allocate corresponding system
memory for the resources

For e.g let's say I need 32K QPs, 64K CQs, 512 EQs, the PF driver
allocates the memory only for the ICM.

The VFs need to allocate the memory for Send Queue Buffer, Receive
Queue Buffer, Completion Queue Buffer, Event Queue Buffer.

Is that right?

Also, as the QPs, CQs etc are created by the HCA when ALLOC_RES
command is issued, does the PF driver need to maintain anything to
associate the QPs, CQs created by the HCA with owners(VFs) possessing
them?

I would really appreciate your help!

Thanks so much..

Best Regards,