mlx4 qp allocation

Hi,

I was going through the linux/drivers/net/ethernet/mellanox/mlx4/qp.c

Got a few questions. Would really appreciate if someone can clarify:

In the function, mlx4_qp_alloc_icm,

To allocate a QP, there are 2 paths taken:

using the ALLOC_RES virtual command

using the MAP_ICM

These paths are taken based on the return value of mlx4_is_func(dev).
This is true for MASTER or SLAVE which I believe is Physical Function
Driver/Virtual Function Driver. So for SRIOV, it covers all cases.

The MAP_ICM portion which gets executed as part of __mlx4_qp_alloc_icm
never gets called??

Am I understanding it properly? Because as per my understanding ICM
needs to be allocated for all the QPs.

Please help me in understanding this.

Thanks so much.

Best Regards,