From: Selvin Xavier <selvin.xavier@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, March 1, 2024 2:07 PM
To: Ma, Jiping <Jiping.Ma2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Friesen, Chris <Chris.Friesen@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>; linux-rdma@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; Asselstine, Mark <Mark.Asselstine@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>; Tao, Yue <Yue.Tao@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>; Wang, Linda <Linda.Wang@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>; Bicakci, Vefa <Vefa.Bicakci@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: question about in-tree vs out-of-tree Broadcom ROCE drivers.

Hi Chris/Jiping,
 please see my comments below.

Thanks,
Selvin Xavier

On Fri, Mar 1, 2024 at 6:45 AM Ma, Jiping <Jiping.Ma2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi, Chris
>
> Added the comments inline.
>
> Thanks,
> Jiping

If you are using an in-tree kernel driver, then you can use the
libbnxt_re coming with the rdma-core/libibverbs packages in the OS
distro. libbnxt_re is part of rdma-core
https://github.com/linux-rdma/rdma-core/tree/master/providers/bnxt_re.
So if you are using the in tree bnxt_re driver, no need to install any
libbnxt_re separately. Please install the rdma-core/libibverbs
package.

If  you are using the OOT driver, please use the OOT libbnxt_re and
bnxt_re/bnxt_en driver from the Broadcom download section.