Re: Add support for IPv6 RADIUS attributes

On Sun, 10 Jan 2016, Michael Richardson wrote:

> I also have patches to the radius module to use the latest (and maintained)
> radcli client library at:  https://github.com/nmav/radcli
>
> What is your application? As I read your patches, they just make ppp ignore
> the attributes.  Do you intend to do more with the data?

On the face of it, the reason for Alarig's patch is to prevent pppd
calling 'error()' in response to unknown attributes. As I've already
pointed out, there is a much simpler patch to achieve that end.

The radius plugin of pppd shouldn't be trying to validate radius config
files; it should just read the data it needs from the file. If it finds
other stuff, it can just ignore it.